Sleeping Enough For 8 Hours ≠ Having A Good Sleep
May 09, 2023
The Best Smart Watches
Many people think that getting 8 hours of sleep is a good night's sleep, but that's not the case. Although some experts recommend that adults sleep for 6-7 hours, the sleep time required by each person is different, and there are great individual differences; so not everyone must strictly sleep 6-7 hours a day. Hour.
However, too short sleep time (less than 4 hours) or too long sleep time (greater than 10 hours) is not conducive to health. Studies have found that people who sleep 6-7 hours a day have a much lower mortality rate than those who sleep more than 8 hours or less than 4 hours a day. Among them, people who slept 7 hours a day had the lowest mortality rate, and even those who slept only 5 hours had a lower mortality rate than those who slept 8 hours. This is why experts recommend that the optimal sleep duration is 6-7 hours.
So what is the standard for measuring sleep quality? Let's take a look~
Standards for measuring sleep quality
1. Fall asleep within 30 minutes without tossing and turning in bed.
2. Waking up for more than 5 minutes every night, no more than once. If you wake up several times during the night, turn over and fall back asleep, it doesn't mean there is a problem. Waking up twice a night is normal for people over the age of 65.
3. Falling back to sleep within 20 minutes of waking up. 10-15 minutes after waking up, the body generally remains relaxed and it is easier to fall asleep again. Once this time point passes, the body will trigger a series of reactions and become more and more awake.
4. Have a high sleep efficiency, sleep efficiency is the ratio of total sleep time to bed time. Generally, more than 80% is used as a normal reference standard, and more than 85% indicates good sleep quality.
5. Get up quickly, have a light body, be in good spirits during the day, have a clear mind, conform to the circadian rhythm, and sleep that can restore physical strength and energy is good quality sleep
6. No uncontrollable naps during the day, or no more than 1 nap.
Find out if you meet these criteria. If you don't know the exact time, you can try to use BP Smartwatch. It will monitor sleep conditions in real time, such as falling asleep, deep sleep, and light sleep time, and generate a sleep report.