Training plan: Perfect shoulders can be developed at home
Dec 05, 2022
Running Smart Watch
A smooth shoulder shape is essential for a sleek figure. When combined with a tight back, it creates a slimmer waist. This is the so-called "V" shape, which most people aspire to.
If it's not convenient to go to the gym, what's the solution?Exercise your shoulders in the comfort of your own home to create the perfect shoulder line. Today we have prepared for you to do shoulder exercises at home.Don't make any excuses, let's get started!
Shoulder muscles, often called deltoids, are made up of three main muscles: the anterior deltoid tract, the middle deltoid tract, and the posterior deltoid tract.
Shoulder muscles exert force in two directions. The first movement is the push, which includes exercises such as push-ups, handstands, bench presses, or top presses. The second type is lift, which is when you lift something from your body, including forward lifting, sideways lifting, or even swinging your arms back. The direction of movement determines which shoulder muscles are acting.
Body weight shoulder movement
There are many exercises that directly or indirectly target the shoulder muscles. And the use of body weight action is very suitable for home, almost no equipment and tools, you can easily exercise at home anytime and anywhere.
Push-ups and other push-ups work your shoulders, chest and triceps.The Angle of the exercise will determine which muscles will exert the most force. In order to maximize the strength of your shoulder muscles, you need to do push-ups as vertically as possible.
1. Push ups
Push-ups are often overlooked, but if done correctly, they're a great exercise for toning your shoulders. It also helps build arm, core and chest muscles.
- Lie face down and place your palms on the floor near your shoulders. It can also be propped up on a bench.
- Keep your back straight and push your hands to the floor to lift your torso up off the floor. Make sure your hands, wrists and elbows are in a straight line throughout the exercise.
- At the top, hold the position for one second, then lower yourself to the starting position. Hold for one second, then repeat.
- Always tighten the core.
- Repeat 10 times.
2. Lean push ups
In the first variation of the push-up, place your feet on a bench, table, or chair to make the movement much easier. The higher the foot, the more shoulder muscles are required.
- Prepare for a push-up by lifting your feet onto a table or chair.
- Keep your body and arms straight and place your palms on the floor, shoulder width apart.
- Slowly lower yourself to the floor while keeping your feet in position.
- Hold at the bottom for a second, then push up and repeat.
- Start with 3 sets and repeat each set as many times as possible. Then slowly increase the number of repetitions per set each week.
3. Handstand push-ups
It's kind of scary to see the name of this move, and you're definitely thinking you can't do it. But actually, you don't need superhuman strength to pull this off.
Rather than a strength challenge, handstand push-ups are a skill that can take a while to master. But how do you know until you try? Challenging yourself can also lead to a greater sense of accomplishment.
- Stand upside down against a wall.
- Straighten your legs and lean your feet against the wall.
- Bend your elbows and lower your head to the floor.
- Hold at the bottom for a second, then push up until your arms are straight.
- Hold at the top for a second, then repeat.
- Always keep the core tight
- Start with 3 sets of as many repetitions as possible. Try increasing the number of repetitions per week.
Avoid the wrong self-weight shoulder exercises
If you are trying to gain weight, we recommend that you avoid doing too many circuit exercises, as these exercises tend to have more of a toning effect. Instead, you should select repetitions that perform specific movements to maximize muscle contractions for optimal strength and muscle gain. If you find a move too easy, look for an advanced version of the move to constantly challenge yourself and increase your muscle-building potential.
Dumbbell shoulder exercises
Dumbbells are one of the best tools for toning your shoulders. It doesn't take up much space at home, and it's extremely versatile. You can do a lot of exercises with dumbbells. Different from body weight exercises, dumbbells will allow you to use a different type of exercise to exercise your body. While self-weight exercises usually limit the movement of shoulder muscles to simple push-and-pull exercises, dumbbells work the shoulders in all directions and from all directions.
1. Dumbbell shoulder push
Dumbbell shoulder press exercises target the shoulder muscles while focusing on the triceps and upper back. This is one of the best exercises for building muscle in your upper body. Many muscles work together. The more muscle you put out, the more weight you can lift, which leads directly to muscle growth.
- Consider your ability and choose the right weight. Lift the dumbbells so that they are resting on your shoulders (or just above them) with your palms facing forward.
- Push the dumbbells up above your head and let them touch. Next, pull the dumbbells back in until they're back above your shoulders.
- Make sure to perform the full motion, completely up and down. Repeat these steps.
- In the beginning, we recommend 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions.
2. Forward dumbbells
This move focuses on the shoulders, but also strengthens the upper chest muscles (pectorals). This is only for people who have too small upper shoulders. The forward motion works the front of the shoulder a lot, so be careful not to overtrain these muscles.
- Stand upright with dumbbells in your thighs and palms facing you.
- Lift one dumbbell at a time so that it is just above the shoulder line and parallel to the floor. Your arms should be almost straight, but with soft elbows and palms facing the floor. The other arm should be against the thigh.
- Hold this position for one second, then lower the dumbbell slowly. Next, raise the other arm and repeat the process.
- 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.
3. Side lift dumbbells
This works the muscles on the side of the shoulder, which, when fully worked, takes on a 3d appearance and increases the width of the body.
- Stand up straight and grasp the dumbbells with both hands, palms facing inward, near your thighs.
- Lift your arms to the side so that your knuckles are in line with your shoulders and your dumbbells are parallel to the floor. Hold in this position for one second, then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Make sure to keep your core tight and avoid swinging your hips to complete the move.
- 2 to 3 sets with 12 to 15 repetitions per set.
4. Bend the dumbbell flat
This action will be applied to the back shoulder. The deltoid posterior band is responsible for fully developing the shoulder and is often the most difficult to exercise. Removing weight from the body (shoulder abduction) activates these shoulder muscles and requires bending over rather than standing upright.
- Stand upright and bend over while keeping your lower back straight so that your torso is almost parallel to the floor. Keep your head neutral and avoid extending your neck upwards.
- Your arms should hang in front of you, holding dumbbells in your hands, palms facing each other. Make sure your elbows are relaxed and gently bent to maintain flexibility.
- Pull your elbows up toward the ceiling. The dumbbells should be pointing upwards, almost parallel to the floor, with your palms facing the floor.
- Avoid shaking your torso and rely on inertia. Maintain core engagement throughout the movement.
- Complete 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
You know from reading this article that you don't need any fancy equipment or join a gym to effectively tone your shoulder muscles. Add these exercises to your daily exercise routine and within a few weeks you should start to see significant improvements.
Remember to perform the movements properly and in all directions to ensure the shoulder muscles are properly engaged. Once you're familiar with these moves, you can start gradually increasing the number of repetitions to build great shoulders!
While shoulder training,you should pay attention to your health condition.BP smart watch is a good smart watch with fitness tracker,which can be used to monitor your BP,HR,SpO2,temperature,sleep time and so on.